Topic: Stand-alone_ED25519

Hi,

I am compiling ed25519 and it takes lot of memory space, i think it take other redundancy files which are not required for it.

Can you suggest me which source and header files are required for stand-alone ed25519 compilation and which macro should be enabled?

Regards,
Nikhil Dosi

Re: Stand-alone_ED25519

Hi Nikhil.Dosi,

The only source files you should need for stand-alone ed25519 are:

wolfcrypt/src/curve25519.c
wolfcrypt/src/ed25519.c
wolfcrypt/src/hash.c
wolfcrypt/src/logging.c
wolfcrypt/src/misc.c
wolfcrypt/src/random.c
wolfcrypt/src/sha512.c
wolfcrypt/src/wc_port.c

--------

wolfcrypt/test/test.c // Use this test app to ensure ed25519 is running as expected.

Please also find attached a user_settings_ed25519.h (rename it to user_settings.h) that you can use to disable everything except ED25519, make sure to define WOLFSSL_USER_SETTINGS at the application level (IE in wolfcrypt/test/test.c and in your eventual application) and make sure that define is set BEFORE inclusion of <wolfssl/wolfcrypt/settings.h> header.

Warm Regards,

Kaleb

Post's attachments

user_settings_ed25519_only.h 9.87 kb, 2 downloads since 2018-05-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi Kaleb,

Thank you for the information.

Can you share what is the footprint and performance of ED25519 algorithm on NXP platform?

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi Nikhil.Dosi,

We have some benchmark numbers on our website:

https://www.wolfssl.com/docs/benchmarks/
https://www.wolfssl.com/docs/benchmarks/#nxp_i.mx6

If you're looking for benchmark, performance and footprint numbers on a specific device with a specific compiler that is something we can gather for you but will need to be coordinated through one of our business managers as it involves acquiring specific hardware and toolchains. If you'd like more device specifics shoot an email to rod@wolfssl.com explaining you've engaged us on the forums and/or via our zendesk domain and were directed to get ahold of the business side for coordinating this effort to start the process.

Regards,

Kaleb