1. You want more robust security.
2. You want to avoid the steady stream of security updates required by using OpenSSL.
3. You are paranoid, and want to use quantum safe crypto.
4. You are performance driven, and want to leverage the latest hardware crypto, or tune in progressive ciphers.
5. You want direct support for the crypto you use in MySQL or MariaDB.
6. You need FIPS 140-2 support for your MySQL install.
7. You want to use ChaCha/Poly.
You can check out the patch here. If you have questions or need support, then give us a call at +1 425 245 8247 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have recently updated our ChaCha20-Poly1305 cipher suites. The ChaCha20-Poly1305 AEAD cipher suites are performant and use low amounts of memory, making it a good fit for IoT devices. This recent update allows for interoperability with the current OpenSSL, GnuTLS, and BoringSSL libraries when using ChaCha20-Poly1305 in a TLS connection and continues interoperability with libraries using the older version of RFCs like LibreSSL and the www.google.com server. For connection with the older RFC there has been an addition of ChaCha20-Poly1305 cipher suites ending with “-OLD” for example ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305-OLD.
This most recent addition to the wolfSSL embedded SSL/TLS library is on our GitHub account located at https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl and will be coming to the wolfSSL website https://wolfssl.com/download in our next release, scheduled for the end of February.
For any questions contact us at email@example.com.