Enabling Secure Boot & Secure Firmware Update for Avionics
wolfSSL, provider of the most popular embedded cryptography with over 2 Billion devices secured, has support for complete RTCA DO-178C level A certification. wolfSSL offers DO-178 wolfCrypt as a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution for connected avionics applications. Adherence to DO-178C level A is supported through the first wolfCrypt COTS DO-178C certification kit release that includes traceable artifacts for the following encryption algorithms:
- SHA-256 and SHA-384 for message digest.
- AES for encryption and decryption.
- RSA to sign and verify a message.
- ChaCha20-Poly1305 for authenticated encryption and decryption.
- ECC to sign, verify and share secrets.
- HMAC for keyed-hashing for message authentication.
The primary goal of this product is to provide the proper cryptographic underpinnings for secure boot and secure firmware update in commercial and military avionics. wolfSSL brings trusted, military-grade security to connected commercial and military aircraft. Avionics developers now have a flexible, compact, economical, high-performance COTS solution for quickly delivering enhanced, secure communications that can be readily certified to DO-178. In addition, any of the FIPS 140-2 validated crypto algorithms can be used in DO-178 mode for combined FIPS 140-2/DO-178 consumption. The wolfCrypt cryptography library has been FIPS 140-2 validated (Certificate #3389), and is on the Modules in Process list with a FIPS 140-3 validation. For additional information contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Basic crypto for secure boot and secure firmware updates – Available Now!
- wolfBoot Secure Boot – Q1, 2023
- wolfDTLS – Q4, 2023
- More wolfCrypt algorithms on demand
- ARM, Intel, Xilinx, Motorola, mbed, NXP/Freescale, Microchip/Atmel, STMicro, Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, and more!
If you would like to use or test wolfSSL on another chipset, let us know and we’ll be happy to support you.
Supported Operating Environments
Win32/64, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, ThreadX, VxWorks, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, embedded Linux, WinCE, Haiku, OpenWRT, iPhone (iOS), Android, Nintendo Wii and Gamecube through DevKitPro, QNX, MontaVista, OpenCL, NonStop, TRON/ITRON/uITRON, Micrium’s uC/OS, FreeRTOS, SafeRTOS, Freescale MQX, Nucleus, TinyOS, HP/UX, ARC MQX, TI-RTOS, uTasker, embOS, INtime, Mbed, uT-Kernel, RIOT, CMSIS-RTOS, FROSTED, Green Hills INTEGRITY, Keil RTX, TOPPERS, Deos, PikeOS
If you would like to test wolfSSL on another environment, let us know and we’ll be happy to support you.