CHOOSING THE CORRECT WOLFSSL TECHNOLOGY
Getting started with wolfSSL, yaSSL, or wolfCrypt begins with evaluating your project and usage needs. Common requirements for an SSL/TLS or cryptography library include:
- Small footprint!
- Best available performance
- Direct access to the crypto library API
- Specific Operating System and chipset requirements
- OpenSSL compatibility
- Compiler Restrictions
- Host language preferences
- Interest and ability to use assembly level or hardware crypto optimizations
To meet these needs, wolfSSL offers multiple product options, including:
- wolfSSL: Our full featured C based lightweight SSL/TLS implementation.
- yaSSL: Our C++ embedded SSL implementation.
- wolfCrypt: Our bundled or stand alone cryptography library.
- Custom performance optimizations for specialized hardware through our consulting offerings.
wolfSSL is the optimal SSL/TLS library choice when minimal size and maximum performance in an embedded environment is the top priority. wolfCrypt provides our cryptography library, which is callable from within our SSL library. The OpenSSL compatibility layer is included with both CyaSSL and yaSSL. More information can be found on each product’s respective product page.