As wolfSentry gets ever closer to its first production release, we are introducing some exciting new capabilities, among them:
- Mature dynamic rule management, with automatic peer tracking, penalty boxing, O(1) release from penalty box, and realtime-safe (O(1)) limits on resource usage.
- Robust support in the configuration file and public API for user-defined data (key-value pairs) with freeform JSON values, to arbitrary (user-limited) depth, with a fully integrated API for processing and exporting JSON in DOM (random-access) mode.
- An API for setting user-defined configuration nodes as read-only.
- Improvements and extensions to the API for use by user plugins (action handlers) streamlining typical use cases involving dynamic rule insertion and update.
- Added examples/notification-demo/log_server
- A standalone web server demonstrating HTTPS with dynamic insertion of limited-lifespan wolfSentry rules blocking (penalty boxing) abusive peers.
- Mutual authentication using TLS, role-based authorizations pivoting on client certificate issuer (certificate authority), and wolfSentry event log retrieval, as a dynamically generated JSON array.
All of these and more are featured in wolfSentry preview release 7. For more details, clone wolfSentry from https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfsentry, review ChangeLog.md and README.md, and “make test”. For questions or help integrating wolfSentry into your project, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!