We recently validated the compatibility of our “meta-wolfssl” layer with Yocto 3.0 Zeus, and also updated our wolfSSL recipe to match our newest 4.6.0 release! We offer recipes for wolfSSL, wolfSSH, wolfMQTT, and wolfTPM, all available for Yocto Project or OpenEmbedded based projects.
Adding the wolfSSL products to your project happens in just three steps:
- Clone the git repo from GitHub into your Yocto/OE sources location:
- git clone https://github.com/wolfssl/meta-wolfssl
- Add to your build’s bblayers.conf file the following line, in the BBLAYERS section:
- Edit your build’s local.conf and add the following line:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "wolfssl wolfssh wolfmqtt wolftpm"
Last, build your preferred target using bitbake and the resulted image will have:
- wolfSSL embedded SSL/TLS library
- wolfSSH lightweight SSH library
- wolfMQTT lightweight MQTT Client Library
- wolfTPM TPM 2.0 Library
If you are interested in trying these recipes out, we have a Getting Started document available here:
wolfSSL Getting Started for Yocto and OpenEmbedded
If you have questions about using “meta-wolfssl” in your project, or need tips on getting started with your build, email us at email@example.com.