With every release of the wolfSSL embedded SSL/TLS library, there are multiple feature additions, port additions, and updates. One of the ports that was added to the wolfSSL library recently was a port to ARM mbed-os! You can checkout the changes for mbed-os port in PR #12997 the ARMmbed/mbed-os github repository (https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os/pull/12997) . While you’re there we would greatly appreciate it if you could “react” to the PR.
Arm Mbed OS is a free, open-source embedded operating system designed specifically for the “things” in the Internet of Things. Mbed OS provides the Mbed C/C++ software platform and tools for creating microcontroller firmware that runs on IoT devices. It consists of the core libraries that provide the microcontroller peripheral drivers, networking, RTOS and runtime environment, build tools and test and debug scripts. These connections can be secured by compatible SSL/TLS libraries such as wolfSSL, which supports mbed-rtos.
The list of reasons to use wolfSSL vs mbedTLS is very long, but here are a few:
- Reduced code size
- Commercial grade production TLS / Crypto library
- FIPS 140-2 certification
- Supported by original engineers (email@example.com)
- Designed for embedded use
- Performance is better and can be increased further (see ENABLE_WOLF_SPEEDUPS).
- Fastest vulnerability response time in the industry.
- TLS v1.3 (can be enabled in mbed-os/blob/wolf/features/wolf/user_settings.h using WOLFSSL_TLS13)
- Progressive algorithms (SHA3, Curve/ED448, Curve/ED25519, etc…)
If you have any questions about using wolfSSL with MBED OS, or using wolfSSL on your platform, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.