wolfCrypt JNI/JCE provide Java-based applications with an easy way to use the native wolfCrypt cryptography library. The thin JNI wrapper can be used for direct JNI calls into native wolfCrypt, or the JCE provider (wolfJCE) can be registered as a Java Security provider for seamless integration underneath the Java Security API. wolfCrypt JNI/JCE can work with wolfCrypt FIPS 140-2 (and upcoming 140-3) as well!
Release 1.5.0 of wolfCrypt JNI has bug fixes and new features including:
- Add build compatibility for Java 7 (PR 38)
- Add support for “SHA” algorithm string in wolfJCE (PR 39)
- Add rpm package support (PR 40)
- Add wolfJCE MessageDigest.clone() support (PR 41)
- Improve error checking of native Md5 API calls (PR 41)
- Add unit tests for com.wolfssl.wolfcrypt.Md5 (PR 41)
Version 1.5.0 can be downloaded from the wolfSSL download page, and an updated version of the wolfCrypt JNI/JCE User Manual can be found here. For any questions, or to get help using wolfSSL in your product or projects, contact us at email@example.com.